Saturday, August 8, 2015

Salem Days

Today was the annual Salem Days parade and car show. Jeff is usually not one for parades or festivals, but this is one that we've made an annual tradition. It's even more fun because Scott's house is right on the parade route so we gather there, and Mel has brunch goodies and more waiting for us. Plus, there's always a hose nearby to fill up the boys' squirt guns. Silly boys! I wasn't sure if I was going to make it this year, but Jonas was doing well and I needed to get out. Moreover, Jonas still hadn't met his Aunt Mel or cousin Kaia. Last night, Michael and Jenn dropped in (and dropped off our boys) on their way to Mexico. Jonas looked so tiny next to Michael. Unfortunately, they didn't stay long, but it was fun to see them and have them meet Baby J.

The parade and party were great as always! The boys had a blast squirting whomever would let them (and even some people who weren't too fond of it). I enjoyed sitting in the shade and watching it all. 
Who needs a squirt gun when you have a hose?!


All my boys!
Meeting Aunt Mel
Meeting cousin Kaia.
Metting Uncle Scott
After the parade, the boys wandered down to the car show. I stayed behind to feed Jonas. Little did I know, I should have gone to control my husband. Before the day was through, Jeff found and purchased (he did ask my permission) his dream car - a '56 Chevy Bel Air. He has longed for this car for years! It has been fun watching the smile on his face each time he takes the car for a cruise. He loves that car! He is excited to work on it with the boys. It needs a few tweaks to the engine and some refinishing of the exterior. It will be a fun project for years to come I'm sure. All in all, it was a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment