Monday, August 17, 2015

The life of a newborn...

As you can imagine, my life has consisted of feeding, changing, and rocking Jonas to sleep. I have been excited the few times I've gone to the grocery store...alone. All the boys (Jeff, Dallin and Danny) have been a great support! Dallin has really stepped up and taken an active role in tending his little brother. However, I don't really like to leave him with anyone but Jeff, but I'm sure that will change with time. I have had to fight through some anxieties and have learned that babies really are resilient. Still, when I look at his tiny fingers, toes, ears, and facial features, I am reminded of his fragility and the dependence he has on others. I wish I could capture all the tiny moments that make the work of motherhood worth it. Here are just a few random pictures I've taken over the 3 short weeks we've had with our little blessing.
He loves being outdoors. When he's fussy, we can usually get him to calm down by being outside.
Just some fun play time on his blanket...although he doesn't look like he's having that much fun.
I love his little facial expressions!
Napping is his favorite pastime.
Mine too!
He's a Sun Devil at heart!! Fear the fork! (I wanted to take a picture of his little hand when he made the Sun Devil hand gesture. He's his mommy's boy!)
He was super fussy this morning. I put him in the bouncer and quickly tried to eat my cereal. Unfortunately, some of my cereal spilt as I tried to soothe him. When I pulled out the vacuum to clean up the flakes, he immediately went to sleep!
Mommy and Jonas ready for our first day back at church. We only lasted through Sacrament meeting but he did a great job!
We've been putting him in his crib for naps. He's still so tiny!
I love all the funny little faces he makes after a feeding while trying to wake up!

No comments:

Post a Comment