Saturday, September 5, 2015

Getting back to normal...

Life is finally calming down in the Southwick home. Since Jonas's birth, we seem to have been in hyper-drive. The boys (and Amber) went back to school. Laurin finished her summer semester, moved home, and had her farewell. Jeff and Laurin went on their trip. We finished getting Laurin ready for her mission...and now she's on her mission. This has been the first Saturday in a long time that we have actually been at home and able to semi-relax. We spent the morning taking care of the property. The boys mowed the lawn and helped pick weeds from the garden. They then picked some of the ripe produce (e.g., tomatoes, cucumbers, zuchinni, spaghetti squash, peppers) while I picked our blackberries with Jonas. I also made peach freezer jam from a box of peaches that we received from our neighbors. I am actually looking forward to next year's harvest because I'm determined to learn how to do some canning! In any case, the rest of the day was spent lounging around the house and enjoying the start of football season! I love harvest time. I like the fresh produce, even though we're still perfecting our gardening skills. I love autumn. I look forward to all the holidays that are coming between now and the end of the year (not necessarily the snow though). I loved the fact that I was able to enjoy the day with all my boys. Life is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment