Saturday, September 26, 2015

Scout stuff

This weekend both boys participated in scout activities. As I mentioned in Jeff's surgery post, Jeff organized and executed a scout camp out for the 12-15 year old boys. I wasn't really sure he was up to it after his surgery, but he was determined to see it through. I love my husband! I'm grateful that he is committed to his responsibilities. He is a great example of dedication and commitment to everything he does. Dallin went with Jeff on this camp out. Luckily, it was just up on West Mountain so they didn't have far to travel. The boys had a blast! Jeff planned several different games and activities that required cooperation from all boys. In one game, the boys had pipes over their arms so they couldn't bend them at the elbow. They then had to eat chocolate cake, which was only possible if someone else fed them. In another game, they had a large wooden stilt with 8 ropes attached. One of the boys would be on the stilt and the other boys would alternately keep their ropes taught to keep the boy on the stilt upright. There were so many more games and activities as well. I was actually surprised to get a few pictures from Jeff. Dallin (and Jeff) have been on several camp outs, but pictures never seem to be a priority for them. Here are the few pics that Jeff snapped of the boys having fun!



While Jeff and Dallin were on their camp out, Danny, Jonas and I decided to have a little fun too. After Danny's football game, I took the boys to IHOP. Danny LOVES their crepes. I swear he could eat more than just one plate, but there has to be some limits to his sugar intake! Afterwards, I took them to the Springville Museum of Art. As a part of Danny's scout goals, he had to attend an art museum. This is actually one of my favorite museums. I loved being able to share some of my love of art with him. I am not an art expert by any means, but I love enjoying the talents of others and experiencing the emotions the art invokes. There was one specific display that I really loved. An artist, Liz Lemon Swindle, painted several pictures of Christ's parables. However, she juxtaposed what that parable would look like in Christ's time with what the parable could look like now. Danny and I had fun (or maybe I just had fun) discussing what each painting meant and how we can follow Christ's teachings in his parables today. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of those paintings but I did snap a couple pictures of some of Danny's favorite pieces.

Before we went home, we dropped in to visit Great-grandpa and grandma Thompson. It was a fun visit. Great-grandpa Thompson finally got to hold Jonas. I think Jonas loved him as much as Grandpa T loved Jonas! It was a really nice day.




No comments:

Post a Comment