Sunday, May 15, 2016

Dallin's 15th birthday!

15 already?!? I don't know if I'm ready for him to get any older. I have enjoyed the observant, obedient, kind son I've had...I don't want his increasing teen years to change that! Oh well...I guess it's a child's rite of passage...and frankly, there's nothing I can do about it. Dallin was definitely more than ready to turn 15. His birthday was on the 11th, but we celebrated it all week long. On his actual birthday, Jeff took him to the DMV to get his driver's permit. Yup...he's legally driving now. My nerves have been a little on edge, but I have to admit he's done pretty well.

Jonas and I met up with Dallin and Jeff for lunch to continue his birthday celebrations. (This is a tradition my dad did with me. We would always go out to lunch on our birthdays.) That evening he had basketball practice so we postponed his birthday dinner until Sunday. However, we picked him up and ended his actual birthday with blizzards at DQ.
On Sunday, we finished up the birthday celebrations with his birthday dinner (stir fry), desserts, and gifts (aka money...he has moved beyond the "toys" stage of life). Happy birthday Dallin!







No comments:

Post a Comment