Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Danny's end of the year program

Today Jeff, Jonas and I went to watch Danny's 5th grade program. I can't believe this school year is already over! It always seem like it will never end in the fall/winter, but as soon as spring hits the school year disappears! It is fun to reflect on the year and the growth each kid has experienced. Danny is still Danny, which means there are still moments of distraction, but I have seen him make an effort to be more responsible. The mornings are a little less frustrating because he is better able to manage his time. He continues to be a smart kid (sometimes too smart!). I am excited to see what the rest of his academic career will bring. Before the program started, they awarded the kids who made honor roll. Danny was one of them. He had a goal to do this from the beginning of the year...and he did it! Way to go Danny!


This year, the 5th grade curriculum brought a greater understanding of US history. His program was a basic summary of that curriculum. Danny's part included memorizing the statement on the Statue of Liberty: Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door! What an inspiring message to so many who have come to this blessed nation to find freedom and peace. I am grateful that Danny was able to study US history this year. I think it has instilled a greater love of and loyalty for the country. I'm proud of Danny and all the work he has done this year!



Danny with his buddies, Matthew and Jared Belk

No comments:

Post a Comment