Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Danny's first court of honor

Today Danny had his first court of honor! I can't believe we are in the thick of the scouting process again. I'm just grateful that Dallin received his Eagle before I got Danny started. I think I would be confused as to what boy was doing what otherwise! Danny has really been working hard. He earned his Tenderfoot rank and 10 merit badges!!! We are so proud of him! I am definitely capitalizing on his scouting enthusiasm...even though, at times, that enthusiasm is tempered by his disdain for "homework" (which any scouting mom knows there is TONS of writing associated with these merit badges). Still, he has worked hard and, when all is said and done, I think he even had fun. (Unfortunately at the actual court of honor, they forgot to get Danny his rank advancements and merit badges. There was a glitch in the computer system. Danny was definitely disappointed, but I made sure they announced his awards that evening then he actually received them on Sunday.)






No comments:

Post a Comment