Thursday, December 1, 2022

CAKe: Act 1

It's that time of year again! Our Christmas Acts of Kindness (everywhere...CAKe). I know I have probably said this before, but I still marvel at how quickly time flies. I have worked hard to be prepared for December so that I can enjoy it (instead of just executing all the traditions and events) and now it's here...and I'm still not entirely sure I'm prepared, but I am determined to enjoy it. Our month appropriately started with an act of kindness that we were introduced to last year...and one that Jonas has been preparing for all year! The Penny Wars! Each year, the elementary school challenges each grade to bring in as many pennies as possible. Whoever has the most pennies wins a pizza and movie party, but there's a catch. The other grades can sabotage you by putting in silver coins or even dollar bills. For every silver coin or dollar bill in the grade's bucket that many pennies will be deducted from your total. All the money eventually goes to helping to provide Christmas for those families at the school that need help (and there are quite a few). Jonas has been saving (and we've been donating) all the coins he can this year. Danny chipped in too. Jingle even brought us a bunch of pennies! Jonas's grade didn't win (so sad), but when you consider what we were able to do, we did.









No comments:

Post a Comment