Wednesday, December 21, 2022

CAKe: Acts 11 & 12

We did it! Another year of kindness under our belts. Our last family act of kindness was going to the local Veterans Home to hold a Family Home Evening with them. This act definitely took me out of my comfort zone. I love veterans! I love all the brave men and women who have sacrificed and served for our country; it's just hard for me to feel comfortable around those who are elderly (that aren't my family) and the sick or disabled (again, those that aren't my family). However, I am so glad I pushed myself out of my comfort zone to go. It was such a fun evening sharing our testimonies of Christ and our love of Christmas with them. Jonas played Away in a Manger on the piano and the rest of us shared some Christmas stories. We basically did a mini-Christmas Eve devotional with them. We all shared tears and laughter. It was a great way to cap off our season of kindness.




For our 12th & final act, I spoke with the boys (Jeff included) about doing a personal act of kindness. We discussed how the previous 11 acts were fun and something we do every year, but how little they put into the planning and preparing of those acts. While they are a tremendous help in executing those acts, I encouraged them to do more. I encouraged them to make it a matter of prayer. We discussed different ideas, but ultimately, I wanted them to specifically identify someone and purposefully pray about how to show that person kindness. I was fortunate enough to be present during Jeff's act and to help Jonas prepare his act, but Daniel's act is unknown...and that is just fine! I won't get into the details of our final acts, but here are just a few pictures to help those of us who were there to remember the kindness.




No comments:

Post a Comment