Thursday, April 4, 2013

Fun with the Girls in SLC

Even though it's been Spring Break, the girls have been furiously working on the mounds of homework they received before the break as well as the little cleaning projects we've had them working on around the house. In fact, it was a pretty busy, but productive week for Jeff and I as well as we caught up on organizational aspects of the business that we've needed to complete. So before the boys came back, we decided to take the girls out on the town...which meant a trip to Salt Lake City to dine at the Cheesecake Factory (which may have been the real reason I insisted that we go to SLC), shop at City Creek Center (which is probably why the girls wanted to go), and enjoy listening to the Tabernacle Choir rehearse in the Conference Center (which we all enjoyed). The temple grounds were gorgeous. I enjoyed the light scent of the flowers as we strolled through Temple Square, but I especially loved being able to spend time with these beautiful girls. I feel so lucky to be able to step into their lives at this time. I realize the transition has probably effected them more than the boys, but they have been great as they've accepted and embraced the changes that have occurred. It has ben fun getting to know them. I loved shopping with them, helping them pick out clothes and showing them make-up techniques. I have had many fun shopping trips with my own mother and look forward to many more with the girls. It was a great night!




(As a side note, the following day Jeff and I drove to Tremonton (half way between Payson and Idaho Falls) where we met up with Kristi to pick up the boys. We enjoyed stopping for lunch and visiting with Kristi and her boys before splitting up. On the way home, the boys regaled us with all their adventures before quickly falling asleep. One of the adventures included going to Applebees and getting their faces painted. Kristi was kind enough to send me the pictures of the boys with their faces painted. They were too good not to post!)



1 comment:

  1. Love, LOVE that photo of the 3 girls in front of the lit-up temple!

    ReplyDelete