Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Home Improvements

So this week has been rather uneventful in the Southwick home - which is incredibly unusual, but a welcome change. I finally got the chance to work on some of the little projects around the house that have been sorely neglected. When I moved in, I went through all the cupboards, drawers, cubby holes, and any other hiding places upstairs to clean them out and organize all the stuff. Jeff and I then moved to the basement and cleaned out/organized the food storage. All that was left was going through the myriad of drawers and cupboards of toys and other miscellaneous objects that have been randomly shoved in various places over the years. So today I decided to tackle that monstrous task. I couldn't believe all the broken, neglected toys that were simply shoved in drawers instead of thrown out. After a couple hours and a quick trip to Target to grab some Tupperware organizers, I was able to move all the toys and games to one floor to ceiling cupboard area. I still have a few more spaces that I have yet to go through but I felt so much better to have the toys and games organized. I love knowing that there is clean, empty spaces downstairs to utilize when or if they're needed (if I have my way they'll probably just remain empty...or only be filled with food storage items).


 

 In addition to working on cleaning things out, I have also been working on home décor. I have been able to utilize most all of the frames/pictures I had in my home in AZ, but I'm quickly running out of wall decorations...but not the ample wall space. Still, I was able to convert a couple of my old frames into wall décor for the downstairs guest room. Here's what I came up with. I think it turned out pretty cute if I do say so myself. I am still working on a magnet board out of an old window frame I found at an antique store that I'll put in the kitchen as well as some decorations for the mantel in the family room. Hopefully, I'll be able to finish those projects soon



1 comment:

  1. You and Lauree BOTH are in the middle of Spring Cleaning Tornadoes!! (I'm so envious....)

    ReplyDelete