Saturday, April 20, 2013

Things I enjoy...

For the longest time, Jeff, the kids and I have been trying to plant our garden. However, the weather never seems to cooperate on the days that we have the time to do it. Today was one of those days. It was a cloudy, rainy day...which meant I had the perfect excuse to indulge in some of the things I enjoy doing since I didn't have anything I absolutely had to do. Today was another "lunch bunch" get together. Each month a few ladies in the ward get together to have lunch. Last month I hosted the lunch at our house. This month it was at another location. The theme was "M". That's right...the letter "M". We were instructed to bring a side dish or dessert that started with the letter "M". I decided to make some mint brownies. They were delicious if I do say so myself. I should've taken a picture, but they were gone before I even thought to do so. After lunch, I came home and finished a couple craft projects. Recently, I've done several holiday wood crafts for our mantel. Well there aren't too many holidays coming up so I did one that I can keep on the mantel for when there are no holidays. Plus I finished a magnet board that I made from an old window frame I found at an antique store. The house finally feels more finished, even though there are still several empty walls and projects I am thinking of to fill them. Maybe one day it will be all done...then again, I will probably want to change things up by then.


No comments:

Post a Comment