Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Deck = Done (mostly)!

Today Jeff finished the railing on the deck. We sealed the deck with linseed oil yesterday and it looks great! For the railing, we ended up buying the metal then fashioning our own railing (actually one of Jeff's employees did most of the cutting/welding). It was cheaper that way and we were able to make sure each piece fit perfectly. I am extremely pleased with the way it turned out. There's nothing fancy about the railing, but there's nothing really fancy about the Southwicks so it's perfect! I am looking forward to next spring/summer when I can really go out on the deck and enjoy the weather (it's getting a little too cold for this AZ girl to enjoy being outside). We still have a few minor details to complete on the deck (e.g., taking the brackets off the walls from the old deck, finishing the stair railing and stoops, and capping the short posts), but for all intents and purposes the deck is finished! We have been extremely blessed to have done as many home improvement projects as we have over the summer. I can truly say that this is my home. It has taken a complete 180 degree turn since I stepped into the house for the first time a little over a year ago. I love my little home (ok...maybe not so "little"), but I especially love the people that reside therein that make this house a home.


No comments:

Post a Comment