Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pie Night

Tonight we indulged in our second annual Southwick Pie Night! This has become a tradition for our little family that we have opened to other family members and friends. Basically the evening is as it sounds - a night full of pie! Often times, I'm so full after eating turkey, mashed potatoes, rolls, veggies, etc. that I don't get to enjoy the pie on Thanksgiving Day. Now we get to enjoy it the night before...and days after! It was a great night. I spent all morning making 6 different "pies". I made a pecan pie bar, pumpkin pie cake, apple pie slab, white chocolate raspberry pie bites, banana cream pie and lemon cream pie. Now don't be too impressed...most of these were very easy to make. I am definitely not Betty Crocker or Julia Child! We invited many of our neighbors, family members, and other friends. All in all, I think we had over 100 people cycle through the house during the 3 hours of indulgence. It was wonderful to be able to have so many people we care about in our home at the same time. I am immensely grateful for family and friends. I can't even begin to count the numberless hours of service I have received from them. I only hope to be half the person they have shown me they are.
A few of the "pies" I made. 
Getting ready for the crowd! 
My goofy husband with his dad, bro, sis-in-law and nieces in the background. 



No comments:

Post a Comment