Saturday, March 29, 2014

Another day at BYU

There might be hope for BYU and I yet! Today's activity was really cool. We woke up and headed to Provo where the boys (minus Dallin who was at a scout PowWow) were able to participate in a football clinic with the BYU football team; after which, we watched a BYU scrimmage. The stadium wasn't packed at all. There was plenty of parking and plenty of seats. Granted, it wasn't a real game, but it was still fun to watch the plays. I may deny I ever mentioned this, but this may be something we do annually. (I will still never be loyal to BYU, but since it's the only university I have to work with...I guess I better establish a cordial relationship.)



Danny and Carson 

Dallin and Grant (with Danny doing a photobomb in the back!)
After the game, we headed to Dallin's basketball game. His season is finally winding down. He only has a few more games left. He has played another good season. It has been fun to see his progress (and the progress of his team). He still struggles with that Southwick competitive mentality (where if he doesn't win or if someone is guarding him to aggressively or basically if anything doesn't go his way, he will get upset to the point that it starts to throw off his game instead of just learning and loving to play the game.), but he is quickly learning to simply enjoy playing the game while doing the best he can - win or lose.








That evening we had everyone (Jeff's parents, Stan's family, Katie, Trudy and her boys) over for our first BBQ on our new deck! It's still a little too chilly to really enjoy it, but Spring is in the air and I'm excited for the warmer weather!! After dinner, Katie, Penny, Kristi, Laurin (Amber is on choir tour) and I watched the General Women's Meeting followed by a little indulgence - shakes at Wildflower Grill. Yum! I truly enjoyed the evening. I feel so blessed to have the mother-in-law and sisters-in-law that I do. They are great examples to me in various different ways. I have appreciated all their love and support (and heaven knows I've needed it at times!). I am such a lucky woman to have married the amazing man I did...and to have his incredible family too. It was a fun weekend with the Southwicks.


No comments:

Post a Comment