Sunday, March 23, 2014

Sunday at the Veterans Home

Recently, a Veterans' Home was opened in Payson. It is a beautiful facility that serves the men and women who faithfully served us. Last December, our stake incorporated a branch that provides church services for those men and women. A few weeks ago, Laurin was contacted and asked to sing a musical number during Sunday service. (Amber actually sang a couple weeks before that. We are blessed to have talented daughters!) She was asked to sing A Child's Prayer and roped Dallin and Danny into helping her. They did a great job! We arrived at the start of the services and after about 10 minues, Danny leaned over to me and said, "I feel really happy here Mom". Tears filled my eyes as I helped him see it was because he was serving that the Spirit was giving him those happy feelings. Dallin and Laurin echoed Danny's comment in their own ways. I too felt a tender feeling of gratitude and love for these amazing men and women. The Spirit touched my heart and I wasn't even necessarily there to serve. My father and grandfather are veterans. They have instilled a deep love of country and sacrifice into my heart. I couldn't help but think of them as I sat there looking at these men. I was so grateful for this opportunity for the kids and me. It was a good reminder of the value of service and the great reward we receive (e.g., feelings of love and happiness) as we serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment