Saturday, May 10, 2014

Dallin's birthday

Technically Dallin's birthday is tomorrow, but since it's also Mother's Day (poor kid is going to have to occasionally share his birthday with Mother's Day), we decided to celebrate his birthday a day early. We invited Jeff's parents, Katie, Trudy and her boys, and my siblings over for dinner, gifts, and dessert. Dallin decided he wanted my white chicken chili for dinner (and it was the perfect day for it! Crazy Spring weather went cold again!) and what we like to call Crispy Cream, for dessert (basically a half-gallon of ice cream sandwiched between Rice Krispies smothered in brown sugar and butter). All in all, I think he enjoyed the evening. I can't believe we have another teenager in the house! Luckily, this will be our max - only 3 teenagers at a time! By time Danny makes the cut, Laurin will be in her 20s. I asked Dallin if he felt any more rebellious once he reached teenage status. He said he didn't, but only time will tell. I have really appreciated his genuine, sensitive nature. He is very observant and always willing to help. Don't get me wrong...his halo isn't shiny all the time, but he is a great kid! I love being his mom. Happy birthday Dallin!



No comments:

Post a Comment