Friday, May 23, 2014

Planets and Stars Align concert

This year, Jeff and I decided to invest in a Thanksgiving Point family membership. We figured with summer coming up, there would be plenty of opportunities to utilize the pass. Plus, Jeff and I always enjoy strolling the gardens at least two or three times during the year. Well, because of our membership, we were able to attend a spectacular concert for free! William Joseph (a professional pianist) was accompanied by the Lyceum Philharmonic Orchestra (an incredibly talented group made up of high school students). Lexi Walker (a 12-year old vocalist) was a guest artist during the concert as well. I loved it! And, surprisingly enough, so did Jeff. The weather was perfect (just a little chilly towards the end). The backdrop was gorgeous! (It was set in an amphitheater in front of the waterfalls). And the music was inspiring! I love attending events like this. I think both Jeff and I enjoyed the relaxed setting we were in. We could lay down on the lawn and watch the clouds and stars while listening to the intoxicating melodies. It was the perfect date night!


No comments:

Post a Comment