Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Mitchell's Court of Honor and Grad pics

Today Laurin, Dallin, Daniel, and I (Amber had her last choir concert that Jeff attended...but did not take any pictures. I still haven't fully trained him.) had the opportunity to attend Mitch's (Jeff's nephew) Eagle Court of Honor. I know how much work and effort goes into earning an Eagle so I am super proud of Mitch! I loved being apart of it and for the example he set for my boys. Prior to the Court of Honor, we met up at Trudy's house to take graduation pictures. Technically, Mitch's graduation is on May 29th. However, he is done with school on the 23rd and leaving town to do summer sales on the 24th so, much to Trudy's disappointment, he will not be attending his high school graduation. Still, we couldn't let the moment pass without getting some pictures.
Evan, Danny, Dallin, Mitch, Laurin
A more natural Southwick pose 
Laurin, Rodney, Penny,  Trudy, Danny, Mitch, Dallin, Evan, Alisha 
Trudy and her boys 


After a few pictures, we raced off to the church to set up for the Court of Honor. It was really well done. The two speakers shared stories about Mitch's journey toward his Eagle and emphasized the prestige and responsibility that comes with being an Eagle scout. Mitch's maternal grandfather presented him with his Eagle. After receiving his pin, he was given a pin to give to his mother and father. Mitch's father (Greg, Jeff's brother) died when Mitch was still a toddler, so Mitch asked Rodney to come forward to receive the pin in his stead. Tears filled my eyes as I witnessed this event. I am sad that I will not have the opportunity to associate with Greg in this life, but I am so grateful to know that I will have that opportunity in the next. Once Mitch recited the Eagle oath, we ended the program with cake and ice cream. It was a great night to celebrate a great kid!








No comments:

Post a Comment