Friday, May 23, 2014

Welcome Summer!

Ok so this is a little early, but today I helped the kids welcome summer by giving them some new beach towels, water shooters, and a volleyball. School doesn't technically end until next week (May 30th), but today was Laurin's last day of school (seniors don't have to go to school the last week) and since many of the kids have upcoming swimming parties, I figured, "What the heck!". I have to admit that a couple months ago I was dreading the end of school. Last summer was really rough. We were just beginning our family's blending process, which was easier when the kids weren't around 24/7. We had several bumps along the road and it didn't help when Jeff was gone for several weekends because of youth activities he had to attend. Now, fast forward a year later, I feel more confident going into this summer. There were many things I feel we did right last summer, but quite a few things I am going to change as well. I feel incredibly grateful to have such forgiving, resilient kids. It has been a difficult transition for everyone; yet, they are still willing to wake up each day and keep trying. Bring on the fun family summer activities!


No comments:

Post a Comment