Saturday, June 20, 2015

Just me and Danny...

This week Jeff and Dallin left for a rafting trip down the Green River from Flaming Gorge to the Colorado border with the scouts. Dallin had been anticipating this trip for quite some time. Both he and Jeff were pretty excited about the trip. Of course, they didn't take a camera (nor would they have thought to take pictures anyways) so this is the only pic I snapped of them before they left.
They were gone from Monday through Thursday. They had a blast! The were both a little tired when they returned, but had a lot of fun stories to tell. I'm glad that Jeff was able to go with Dallin. I'm grateful that I have a husband who wants to create these memories with the kids. In any case, with Jeff and Dallin gone, it was just Danny and I at home. We're still trying to get used to not having the girls around. Danny was my best helper during the week! He had to double up on his chores since Dallin was gone, but he never complained. Luckily, we also found time to have some fun. He spent a couple afternoons hanging out with his friends (which allowed me to go to the Payson Temple to serve) and one afternoon I took him to Creativity Art Studios where he painted a BYU mug.


The last day before Jeff and Dallin returned, Danny and I spent the afternoon assembling his dresser and finally putting his "new" room together. (As a side note, being 35 weeks pregnant and sitting on the floor to assemble a dresser isn't necessarily the most comfortable way to spend an afternoon!) Danny was pretty excited to finally move out of the kitchen downstairs and into his room. Now to decorate!
Jeff and Dallin returned Thursday afternoon. Jeff was only home for less than 24 hours before he took off again. This time Danny got to go with him. Jeff and Danny flew down to Arizona on Friday to buy a new work truck for his employee, Chad. They were able to spend the evening hanging out with my parents, Nichole, and Kate before they got the truck and drove home the following day. Danny had a blast swimming in Aunt Nichole's pool with Kate (and trying to survive the 115 degree temperatures)! I was glad that he was able to have a little more fun this week since Dallin had been river rafting all week.



I was even more glad when Jeff finally came home Saturday evening! I missed him. He is my best friend. What's even better is that he came home with some of my favorite foods from one of my favorite Arizona restaurants. I'm a lucky woman!







No comments:

Post a Comment