Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Nesting

This week Dallin left again. This time he went to St. George for a basketball camp. Poor Danny has had some rather boring weeks without his brother. As much as they get on each other's nerves at times, they really do like hanging out together. Still, we were able to find some fun stuff for Danny to do. He got to hang out with several friends, and, one evening, Jeff and I took him to see the new Disney Pixar movie, Inside Out. I also found some time to have "fun" this week. Now many people wouldn't consider washing and organizing baby clothes, putting together a crib and dresser, or hanging pictures on a nursery wall "fun", but it has been something I have been waiting to do for a long time. Sometimes it still seems surreal. For the longest time, I had given up on getting married, which meant that having children was even more unrealistic. I just can't believe that it's finally my turn. I love feeling Jonas move (which is more and more the bigger he gets). I even love it when he's sitting on my bladder or shoving his leg in my ribs. I will take all the pain and discomfort to receive this miracle in my life. I've even started feeling more frequent contractions. At our most recent doctor's visit, Dr. McCarter determined that I am starting to dilate (only to 1 cm but hey, it's better than nothing!) and that I'm 70% effaced. Only 4 more weeks! (Hopefully!) I can't wait to be able to hold him in my arms (not just my bulging belly). I often found myself sitting in the rocker in the nursery this week. I can't help but feel overwhelmed with excitement, peace, and love (and yes, a little trepidation for the delivery process). It's finally my turn. In any case, here are some pics of the nesting process that took place this week.







No comments:

Post a Comment