Tuesday, December 8, 2015

I believe in Santa...

Today I introduced Jonas to Santa Claus for the first time...and thus began the magic! I love Christmas! I love both the spiritual and the temporal traditions of the season. I love Santa! I love what he represents - kindness, goodness, and secretive giving. I love the magic he creates during this season. I love all my memories of Santa and the gifts he gave. I am excited to introduce Jonas to all that holiday magic. I know there are many people who consider Santa as a distraction from the true meaning of Christmas - our Savior Jesus Christ, but I believe Santa actually points us to Christ. Santa inspires us to be our best selves. He exemplifies Christ's mission of giving to others. He shows us how to have faith in the unseen. He engenders belief in miracles. I still believe in Santa...and now Jonas gets to as well!




No comments:

Post a Comment