Thursday, December 5, 2019

Danny's 15th birthday!

When did that happen?! How can Daniel be 15? Am I ready for him to drive?! While I may not know the answer to the first two questions, I definitely know I'm not ready for him to drive. Haha! Because of school and wrestling, we were limited on celebration times. However, we started with a French toast breakfast (his choice) before Jeff took him to the DMV to get his permit. It took him twice, but he passed his test and is now a semi-legal driver.


At lunch, I picked him up from school to take him out. This is a tradition my dad did with me when I was younger that I have carried on with my kids. He chose to go to Cafe Rio...and yes, I did allow him to drive. He did really well overall, but then again, he's been driving machines for several years. Now if I can just get him to calm down when other cars are around him. Haha!

That evening, Jeff picked him up from wrestling practice and took him to see the new movie, Ford vs. Ferrari. For anyone who knows Danny, he is what we affectionately call a "gear head". He loves cars! I can't drive anywhere without him seeing some fancy type of car and telling me all about it. He loved the fact that Ford beat Ferrari in the Le Mans race. (Sorry...spoiler alert!)

Finally, on Sunday (December 8), we celebrated as a family. We had chicken cordon bleu for dinner with his favorite, cheesecake for dessert. Even though he didn't make it to Sundance to go skiing because of a weekend wrestling tournament, I think his birthday was a success! Happy birthday Danny boy!





No comments:

Post a Comment