Sunday, December 19, 2021

CAKe: Act 12

As you can see, it has taken us nearly the whole time between Thanksgiving and Christmas to reach our 12 acts of kindness. Life, without all the holiday activities, is busy as it is, but I'm so grateful that we carve out a little time to spread kindness. Plus, we still have two more activities planned for Tuesday so I think we will reach 14 acts total this year. Today, we held a little Christmas concert for Gma Thompson. Danny played O Come Emmanuel on the cello and Jonas played Jingle Bells and Silent Night on the piano while I accompanied him. It wasn't anything big, but I know it meant a lot to Gma Thompson. How many kids get to say that they know their great-grandparent? Jonas was just a baby when Gpa Thompson passed away, but he sure loves his Great Gma T. When we go over to visit Gma Penny and Grumpy, Jonas will just quietly sneak downstairs and spend all his time with Gma T. I'm grateful that I have this chance to know her as well. She is a little spunky and witty, but always gracious, patient, and loving. Merry Christmas Gma T!




No comments:

Post a Comment