Monday, February 3, 2014

Family Project

Tonight for Family Home Evening we headed out to the shop to work on a birthday surprise for Grandma Penny. While on our anniversary get-away, Jeff and I saw a mason jar candy dispenser that we figured we could create on our own. So tonight was the night. Jeff and the boys picked up the supplies and everyone had a role to play. I grew up with a handy-dad, but there were still tools used tonight that I had never seen before. It was fun to see everyone working together. Hopefully Grandma Penny likes the surprise!

While we were outside working, I had to run inside to get Danny ready for bed when all of the sudden there was a knock at the door. By the time I made it to the door, this was all I could find.
How cute!! This is the part of high school that I think the kids get really creative. Laurin was asked to the Sweethearts Dance on February 15. Amber had already been asked. I am excited for both of the girls. I love that they are able to enjoy their high school years. I only went to one high school dance, which is something I wish would have been different, so I'm glad that the girls are having a different high school experience. This is how she answered later on in the week (check out the luminaries! Yaay for useful Christmas traditions!).



No comments:

Post a Comment