Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day! I am soooo lucky to have a Valentine with whom to finally share this day. I woke up to a beautifully written Valentine's card and the chocolate strawberries and cookies he'd prepared the day before. Jeff and I then decided to keep the tradition we started last year and headed to the temple to do sealings. I absolutely love this tradition. On a day when we celebrate love, I cherish being able to reflect on my wedding day and the covenants and promises that I made. Marrying Jeff has been the best decision that I've ever made...but it has also been one of the hardest. I can't even begin to describe the changes and the emotional ups and downs that have occurred during the last 13 months, but he has made it worth it! He is truly the rock I stand on...and all he desires to do is lift me higher. I couldn't ask for a better eternal companion. I am so glad I have a best friend with whom to handle life's curveballs. I feel his love and commitment to me each time he holds me in his arms or looks me in the eyes or gently kisses my lips. I couldn't have asked for a greater love.


After visiting the temple, we had lunch at Mimi's Café (which we did last year). This was our Valentine's date for the day....because that evening we celebrated Grandma Penny's birthday. Jeff's brother, Stan, was in town with his wife, Kristi, and daughter, Maci. We enjoyed spending the evening with family and celebrating the birth of my wonderful mother-in-law. She has been such a huge support to our little family! I don't know what I would've done had she not sort of paved the way for me so to speak. She is an amazing woman! Happy birthday!


As a side note, for dessert Katie made some really delicious pumpkin pies, but it was still Valentine's day so I had to make a fun Valentine's dessert to share as well. Since I didn't have a lot of time, I simply made my lemon cream pie and dyed it pink. I think it turned out pretty good especially with the red strawberries on top! Sorry, I just can't let a holiday go without doing something a little special for the family. Jeff and I also gave the kids some candy leis with cards this morning as well.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment