Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Blue and Gold Banquet

So, if any of you know me, I'm not the biggest fan of scouts. Let me clarify...I LOVE the organization. I LOVE what it teaches the boys. I think there is amazing value in becoming an Eagle Scout. My dad is the HUGEST scout I know! I'm just not particularly fond of feeling like I'm nagging Dallin to get his merit badges done (which he has done soooo much better at completing lately!) or all the silly things you do at Cub Scout Pack Meetings. BUT I do enjoy the Blue and Gold Banquet...mainly because I they serve a yummy dinner that I don't have to cook. :) Tonight's theme was Circus. There were fair-type games for the boys to play while we waited for dinner to be served and each pack put on a circus themed skit. Danny earned several belt loops tonight. He loves scouting and we're close to completing the requirements for his Bear. Way to go Danny!
They received scarf ties for passing uniform inspections. 
Danny holding the tightrope for the "Flea Circus". 


No comments:

Post a Comment