Wednesday, December 13, 2017

12 Days of Christmas Kindness: Day 2

Today's activity was a simple one, but one with profound purpose and meaning...not just for the one receiving the kindness but for the giver as well. Today I handed everyone a thank you card and instructed them to think of someone outside the home to whom they could express gratitude. I gave examples and encouraged them to be specific in the notes. I think too often we are so busy with our lives that we forget to express thanks to those who make our life meaningful, fun, bearable, etc. I want the kids to learn the power of a simple thank-you note. I'm pretty sure this isn't one of the family favorite activities, but it's one that can be really impactful. I pray the recipients of our notes will feel that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment