Wednesday, December 20, 2017

12 Days of Christmas Kindness: Day 9

We are quickly winding down all our kindness activities. It always seems to go by too fast. Perhaps that's why I start celebrating Christmas (at least inside) in October. I love this season. I love the opportunity it provides to reflect on what truly matters and adjust my priorities accordingly. I love serving with my family...and hopefully bringing smiles to other families. Tonight's activity was a first for us. We decided that we wanted to go out to eat and leave an extra large tip for our server. (I also think the boys wanted to do this because it meant that we got to go out to eat.) Jeff and I agreed that we would pay the normal tip and the boys would pitch in whatever they wanted above and beyond that. Tonight we chose to eat at Dalton's in Payson. It's really one of the only sit down restaurants in Payson (although there are several others to choose from in Spanish Fork or Springville). Our server's name was Heidi. I wanted to get to know a little more about this individual that we had the opportunity to serve so I struck up a little conversation with her. We found out that she has been working at Dalton's for a few years and has 6 kids ranging from 11-10 months! She was extremely nice and very attentive. At the end of our meal, we paid the bill then quietly slipped the extra tip money onto the table as we left. We hope Heidi and her kids have a very Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment