Friday, December 8, 2017

Another Christmas date...

I am being spoiled this season...or rather Jeff is letting me spoil myself. As I mentioned in my last Christmas date entry, too often the season passes me by while I am planning and creating the magic and memories for everyone else. This year I wanted to experience some of that magic myself. I purchased tickets to A Christmas Carol last week. This week I bought us tickets to see Nathan Pacheco in concert. Nathan Pacheco is an LDS vocalist. He has one of the most beautiful tenor voices I've heard. I love music, but I really love music with emotion. Nathan brings out that emotion in the songs he sings. Prior to the concert, Jeff and I went out to eat. We finished sooner than we had planned (it wasn't as busy as a usual Friday night) so we decided to kill time by driving around to see some Christmas lights. When I was young, my family would often drive around to see the Christmas lights during the holiday season. Some of my favorite Christmas memories are of those outings. It was fun to experience a little of that again with Jeff.



The concert was phenomenal! There was laughter and tears. The songs were both lighthearted and poignant. There were traditional Christmas hymns mixed with some of his more classical pieces. The musicians that accompanied him were astounding! I was awed by the amount of talent that I was able to witness in just a couple hours. I loved how Nathan didn't shy away from declaring his beliefs. I loved how he reminded us that we wouldn't be celebrating Christmas if there had been no Easter. Once again, the magic and meaning of the season struck my heart. It was another perfect Christmas date!




No comments:

Post a Comment