Thursday, December 14, 2017

12 Days of Christmas Kindness: Day 3

Tonight was one of those nights when I wondered why we put ourselves through this tradition. It was a super busy night with unexpected obligations and already scheduled responsibilities. I wondered how we would fit in our activity...but we did. Tonight we delivered over 100 spatulas to friends and neighbors to wish them a "Merry Flippin' Christmas"! It is a funny tradition that we have enjoyed! Each year, we find a useful (or not so useful) item to which we can attach a funny Christmas greeting then gift it to those in our little community. This year, the boys loved the idea of wishing people a "flippin" Christmas. As crazy as our evening was, I laughed so hard as Danny and I (and Jonas) delivered our set of spatulas while Jeff and Dallin delivered theirs. (We wouldn't have gotten them all delivered if we didn't divide and conquer.) We dropped most of the spatulas in mailboxes. Sometimes Danny would nearly fall out of the car as he reached for the mailbox. Danny and Jonas had me open the sun roof (even though it was 30 degrees outside!) so they could pretend their spatulas were some sort of sword as they commanded me to "move onward" in our quest to deliver the gifts. These are moments I cherish. These are moments that make the stress worth it. That night, several recipients sent me a text or spoke to me about how the gift made them laugh! This is why we do this tradition.








No comments:

Post a Comment