Monday, December 10, 2018

12 Days of Christmas Kindness: Day 1 (and David Archuleta)

It is that wonderful time of the year again! Today we started our 12 days of Christmas kindness count down. I am grateful that the kids still want to do this. I love that it has become a tradition...not a chore. I admit that there are times when I do feel like it's more of a chore, but the kids actually ask what we're doing each day and get excited to share in the kindness (although I make it easy by having everything prepared prior to the activity). This year, we decided to start it a couple days early to allow for a couple of flex days for those unexpected crazy holiday days (which we all know happen!... Plus, it allows the boys to have a couple free ski/board days to be completely honest.) We decided to start our Christmas kindness with all our neighbor gifts. This year we passed out 240!!! tape measures. You read right...240! We have wonderful friends and neighbors so we couldn't just pick and choose. Fortunately, we were able to divide and conquer. I took Danny with me to deliver half and Jeff grabbed Dallin (and Jonas who wanted to ride with his Daddy). In the end, the older boys needed to go so I jumped in with Jeff and Jonas to finish up.


That evening, I got to have a holiday girls night out with Laurin and Amber. Laurin took the train down from Ogden and met us in Orem. We went out to dinner then to see David Archuleta in concert. He is phenomenal!! We thoroughly enjoyed the Christmas concert. Each year, I try to plan activities that allow me to experience Christmas...not just execute it (as it sometimes feels). Tonight was an experiencing activity...not an executing one. It was fun to spend the evening with just the girls. It's nice to talk about things other than bodily functions, sports, tools, Paw Patrol, etc. It was a nice way to kick off our Christmas kindness and perfect way to end the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment