Tuesday, December 11, 2018

12 Days of Christmas Kindness: Day 2

Today's kindness activity is a new one this year. I was looking for other ideas/options that might be more beneficial (or to be honest...easier) than past years when I stumbled across this idea. Basically, I  purchased a few travel-sized laundry detergents and wrinkle releasers then put them in a bag with several quarters and a Christmas note. We then went to our local laundromat and anonymously placed them in the washing machines. Simple...yet I can only imagine the smiles it brought to the individuals and families that received them. I have been to this laundromat several times to drop off dry cleaning. Without sounding too judgemental or harsh, the individuals I have observed utilizing these machines don't appear to be well off financially and could use the extra Christmas kindness. It was a quick in-and-out activity. I almost wished we could have stuck around to see the reactions of the people who found our simple gift. I would like to envision big smiles and grateful hearts. Nevertheless, it was a fun. meaningful activity for our 12 Days of Christmas Kindness.

Jonas had pink eye and Dallin had a paper due so they stayed home while we went out to drop off our Christmas gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment