Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!! Even though Jonas was super excited last night, I woke up a couple hours before he did! (I just didn't want him to stumble into the living room without me being there.) Eventually, he woke up and quickly woke up the rest of his siblings. It was extremely hard for him to wait to see if Santa brought him his red bike! Finally, Jonas snuck up the stairs before his siblings to see what was under the tree. Luckily, I was already ready with my phone to take pictures and video. Over the years, the excitement of receiving gifts has worn off or rather changed into an excitement of watching others receive the gifts I thoughtfully tried to give them. It's an added bonus when that individual is a child who still believes in the Christmas magic.



The other kids weren't too far behind Jonas. Once everyone was upstairs, the kids unloaded their stockings before unwrapping their gifts. Everyone seemed to enjoy the gifts we received...and luckily, there weren't any Christmas fails (e.g., gifts that don't work right, buying the wrong size of something, etc.)! As much as I wasn't worried about what was under the tree, I received some really thoughtful gifts. In addition to the mundane things I asked for (e.g., new sheets, a hand mixer, new silverware, etc.), I also received a weekend getaway from (and with) Jeff to go snowmobiling in Yellowstone, some fun Christmas socks that say, "If you can read this, I'm watching Hallmark movies!", a checkers game that the girls wrote things about me that they're grateful for, and so much more. I was truly spoiled...but the best part was I think everyone felt that way.











I strategically saved the best gifts for last. Jeff and I got the family a set of laser tag guns. We had a blast the rest of the day playing laser tag, but more than that, I think the favorite gift was another family gift...a One Wheel! The boys have been begging for one for forever! I don't think they ever imagined we would actually get one for them. When we weren't playing laser tag or any of the other games we received, everyone was trying out the one wheel...even Jonas. The rest of the day was just spent together as family. We had our traditional waffle breakfast (because the first Christmas we were married, Jeff bought me a waffle maker) and Jeff's parents and grandma also came to visit to give the kids their gifts. Several of the kids mentioned that this was the "best" Christmas ever. I'm honestly not sure how we could top it. I'm just glad that everyone enjoyed the day...and being together. To me, that is more important than any gift any of us received. Family is everything! Merry Christmas!









No comments:

Post a Comment