Saturday, December 8, 2018

A day of Christmas fun!

This week has been a rough one for Jeff and I. We, along with Jonas, Dallin and Amber (luckily Danny has been spared), have been battling the seasonal sicknesses that like to plague us during this time of year. I was lucky enough to only have experienced the common cold, but the rest got more flu like symptoms (even though we all got immunized). Fortunately, it hasn't been so bad to have prevented us from experiencing a little Christmas today. At times, I wonder if my incessant need to plan and organize is beneficial, but at Christmas time I say, "YES!" Because I have been able to get all the little details in order, I feel like I am more able to experience all the Christmas magic instead of just execute it. Today was one of those days. In the morning, I joined Jeff for a holiday breakfast with the church congregation he has been assigned to serve (WM2). He went early to help cook then I joined him to eat. Afterwards, he and I got to escape for a much needed date. During the holidays, we often plan so many fun family activities that we get little time together as just husband and wife. So today, we got tickets to go see A Christmas Carol at Hale Center Theater. I love this story! I love the meaning behind the narrative. I love the opportunity it provides me to reflect on my own life and evaluate changes I need to make.

Afterward, we went to Gardner Village to have a delicious lunch at Archibald's restaurant before wandering around the shops to see the elves. I love the whimsical little guys and the clever scenarios they find themselves in. I also enjoy the little shops and fun finds we discover.



That evening, we attended our own ward party. It was beautifully done! I am always amazed at the effort that goes into these parties from the food to the decorations to the entertainment. Unfortunately, I didn't get too many pictures and we didn't stay for the entertainment because Jeff was wiped out and Jonas literally fell asleep in a massive room full of people. (It never ceases to amaze me how this kid can fall asleep with so much noise and commotion.) Still, we enjoyed associating with so many friends and neighbors. It was the perfect way to end our day!


Don't mind Jeff's funny facial expression...just look at the cute sleeping boy!
As a side note, our elf, Jingle, made his appearance on the 1st! Jonas has been enjoying his daily visits and the fun activities he brings. Even the older kids have been able to participate in some of his elf antics. Here are a few highlights:
On the 1st, he brought all the kids a jar of hershey kisses with a scripture on each one to help count down until the day we celebrate our Savior's birth.

This day, he encouraged Jonas to do 4 specific acts of kindness.

Jonas got to plant donut seeds that became...

little donut snowmen!






No comments:

Post a Comment