Sunday, December 16, 2018

12 Days of Christmas Kindness: Day 6

Yesterday, we took advantage of our flex day since the boys wanted to go skiing/snowboarding. Plus, we had already planned our fun, festive, family activity that evening (Luminaria), but today we picked up our kindness mission with goodie plates. While the boys were on the slopes, I made a few goodies (ginger cookies, pumpkin rolls, and buckeye fudge) for our plates. Today we made a few more (Rice Krispy Treats and our family favorite, Christmas crack) before we assembled our goodie plates. This is another activity that doesn't cost much more than our time. (Plus we get to enjoy the goodies as well! It's a win-win!) Earlier in the day, we counseled the kids to spend the day considering to whom they would like to give their plates. We advised them to make it a matter of prayer. Have I mentioned how much I love my kids?! Have I mentioned how good their hearts are?! Yes, they can drive me absolutely nuts sometimes, but it's moments like this that help me remember that I have some of the best of the best kids. (Maybe this 12 Days is more for me than for them.) Each of the kids sincerely considered which families would best benefit from our kindness. They chose those they knew were struggling or simply needed to know someone cared. They didn't choose families based on which friends (or rather girls) were in those families. They didn't choose families based on a popularity rating. It was the perfect way to end our Sunday.







No comments:

Post a Comment