Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Danny's 14th birthday

I can't believe Danny is 14! I know I probably sound like a broken record, but time really does fly! Just the other day, I was looking at some of our wedding photos. All the kids looked like babies! Danny didn't have any front teeth. Dallin was barely up to my shoulders. The girls still had the innocence of youth in their countenances. Now the girls are adults...making their own way in the world. Dallin will be graduating and leaving on a mission. And now Danny! He's 14! Luckily, we still get to keep him around for a few more years before he leaves us, but I know all to well how quickly those years are going to pass. In any case, we spread out Danny's birthday celebrations over a couple days. On his actual birthday, as is tradition, we made a breakfast of his choice (french toast with buttermilk syrup) then took him out to lunch. He chose Olive Garden. He got his favorite soup (chicken gnocchi), and we sang happy birthday to him (not sure he liked the song as much as the free dessert).


On Sunday (Dec.9), he was ordained to the office of a teacher in the Aaronic priesthood. We were lucky to have so many family members be able to come and participate in his ordination. Afterwards, we came back to the house to have his birthday dinner (chicken cordon bleu with mashed potatoes and asparagus) and dessert (cheesecake...his current favorite).








Over the years, I have truly admired Danny's ability to forgive and love. I have never met anyone with such a big heart. There are times I can be completely frustrated with him and he still comes to find me each night to give me a hug. I need to learn to be more like him. I am grateful to call him my son and hope that this next year of his life will be his best yet! Happy birthday Danny!

No comments:

Post a Comment