Sunday, April 19, 2015

For this child: JONAS

Awhile ago, I came across a scripture in 1 Samuel 1:27 that adequately described the thoughts and feelings of my heart as Jeff and I were wading through the fertility measures to try to conceive a child. It states: "For this child I prayed; and the Lord hath given me my petition which I asked of Him." We have desired to have a child together since before we were married. There have been countless tears and endless prayers for this tiny miracle...and now he is finally becoming a reality. I love feeling him move more and more as he grows bigger. I can't help but smile with each flip, kick, or jab I feel. Even before we knew this was a boy, Jeff and I decided on a name: Jonas. (Too make a long story short, Jeff wouldn't allow me to use his name as a part of this baby's name so we agreed that this child would at least have Jeff's initials: JTS.) Jonas (in Hebrew) means "gift from God". We truly feel that he is a gift from a loving Father in Heaven. While we were at the Tulip Festival, Jeff snapped this picture of me as I stood in front of this bronze statue of Christ. I have always loved this statue. I often feel like I'm the one sinking in the waves as I look up to see my Savior coming to my rescue. One day I hope to walk with Him on water as my faith grows. I pray that Jonas will be there with us as well. He is the child I have prayed for. He is my gift, my miracle, my tiny love.

No comments:

Post a Comment