Saturday, April 25, 2015

Jordan's BYU Masters Graduation

It was another fun-filled, family weekend!! Yesterday, my brother-in-law, Jordan, was able to walk at the BYU graduation for his Masters degree. He actually completed his degree in December but BYU doesn't hold commencement services during that time so it was just another excuse for them to come back to Utah for a quick visit. I was excited to see Krystle and Nolan again too. Michael and Jenn also came down from Idaho. This time we were only missing my older sister, Nichole, and my parents. One of these days we'll all get together at the same time! Still, it was a fun weekend. I am grateful for Jordan's example. Danny was inspired to pursue engineering because of him.  I really feel like a college education is essential in today's society...and Jordan (and Michael who recently graduated) have reminded my kids that it is possible to achieve. I love that the girls are already headed in that direction. I think the more positive examples we have, the better the chances that those who follow will complete a college degree too. Since Jordan's graduation ceremony was during the kids' school, I was the only one out of my little family to attend. Michael and Jenn accompanied me and we met up with Krystle, Nolan, and Jordan's family. Congrats Jordan!





Jordan gave Krystle his gratitude stole. She deserved it! They've both worked hard for this!
The rest of the weekend, we just spent time as family. Because it was a bit cold and very rainy, we didn't have many outdoor activity options. Still we had fun simply being together. The boys LOVED playing with Nolan. It was so fun to see them interact and to see how patient they were with him. They are going to be great big brothers to Jonas! It was fun having my family in town even for just a couple days. 
Nolan has discovered the phone.
Jenn is schooling the boys in Speed.
Jenn taming both of the wild beasts...Michael and the Tanner's puppy.
Cute boys!
4 out of the 5 of us: Me (with baby Jonas in tow), Scott, Krystle, Michael


No comments:

Post a Comment