Saturday, April 4, 2015

Moab: Day 2

Today the kids woke up, and after another camp favorite food - breakfast burritos, they decided to go explore some of the red rock hills/mountains near our camp. This was one of a few activities that I decided to opt out of. As my belly grows, it throws off my center of gravity and makes bending a little more tricky, but I did enjoy the little hike out to the red rocks.

Amber wrote "yes" on the rock face then took some pics to answer her prom date.

Those little specs are Jeff and the kids.
After hiking around, we headed back to the campsite to make lunches and head out on a trail ride. We did an easy trail called Chicken Corners. Because we had the side-by-side, I decided to venture out with the rest of them. It was a pretty easy ride and very beautiful in some spots, but I was still getting jostled quite a bit and decided to turn back about 3/4 of the way into the ride. I didn't want to take any chances with the baby. Still, I enjoyed the ride I did have and the kids, Jeff and even Grandpa Rodney had a blast. I have a feeling this is going to become more than just a one time family trip. I think it may become an annual tradition. 









No comments:

Post a Comment