Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Payson Temple Open House

This evening I had the opportunity to return to the Payson Temple with Jeff and the kids (minus Laurin). I was so excited for them to be able to see the beauty and feel the peace I had felt last week as I volunteered there. We began our tour with a short video about the purpose and importance of temples. I loved seeing the slideshow of so many of the temples around the world, but more than that, I appreciated being reminded of their purpose and importance. It all comes down to family. Temples are built to link families together...including linking ourselves to our Heavenly Father and Elder Brother Jesus Christ. As I looked at the little family I am privileged to be a part of, my heart swelled. I love them! I don't want to be separated from them. Heaven would not be heaven if they were not there with me. How grateful I am for temples and for the covenants and ordinances made and performed there that help families become eternal. After the video, we were able to walk through the temple. Since I had already been inside, I was able to watch Jeff and the kids' reactions to the beauty they saw. I loved seeing their smiles and hearing the comments about the beauty and peace they experienced. When we reached the Celestial Room, Danny immediately wanted to just sit down and look around. He knew he had reached a place of peace - a place wherein he could ponder and receive revelation. He may not fully understand the importance of the temples now, but I know he felt something in that room. When we reached the upper level where the sealing (marriage) rooms are, Amber quickly announced that this was where she would be married. I could see the awe and wonder in her expression as she beheld the beautiful stained glass windows and furnishings. Finally, we made our way out of the temple. I was a little sad to leave. It will be awhile before all the kids are old enough to go back inside the temple. A part of me just wanted to keep them there. I wanted them to be safe, and I could think of no safer place to be; however, I felt a calm reassurance that we would once again be inside those hallowed walls as a family. I am grateful to live so close to a temple. I'm thankful that we can see this beautiful edifice from our back porch. I pray that we will never grow tired of looking towards the temple.


No comments:

Post a Comment