Saturday, September 21, 2013

Cousins and dances

This was a busy weekend! Not only did we juggle the normal routine of morning chores and football games, but we had Jeff's brother Stan and two of his boys, Grant and Carson, come down for a quick visit. (Stan came down for the BYU v. UofU football game. He's a HUGE BYU fan...yes, I will still let him in the house. We can't all be perfect.) The boys loved having their cousins in town. I remember growing up with my Tarwater cousins and always being so excited about their visits. I'm glad that the kids get to have those same experiences. While Stan was at the game, the boys stuck around the house and played Air Soft wars, basketball, and whatever else they could find. At one point, they had exhausted all of their activity options here at the house so I took them to our local skate park to have fun (only minor injuries were sustained...but only by my boys! Sheesh!!). It was great to have them in town for the quick weekend!


 
While the boys were in town at the skate park, Amber was home preparing for her first high school dance - Homecoming! I know I've only been here for a short period of time, but I can't believe how quickly that time has flown and I can't believe Amber is already dating and driving! On occasions, I get a little teary-eyed thinking about how quickly the time will come that both the girls will be gone. However, I feel incredibly lucky and immensely blessed to share these memorable moments with them. Amber looked gorgeous! She is such an amazingly fun, kind person that any guy who chooses to go out with her should consider himself lucky! She had a great time on the date. They ate a fancy dinner at one of her friend's houses before going to the dance then they had dessert and played games after the dance. (As a side note, she said that while they were having dinner, she impressed some of her friends with her knowledge of proper etiquette - like waiting to eat until everyone is served. She said that she simply responded by stating that was how we do it at home! Yaay!! At least one of my kiddos is learning and it is making a difference!) I'm so glad she had a great time!
Laurin helping to pin up Amber's dress. 
Laughing as they try to figure out the whole boutonniere thing! 
Don't worry - they got it! 
Amber and Tyler Cooper 
Part of their group (there were 7 couples total!). 
Oh to be young and carefree again!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment