Thursday, September 26, 2013

Flag football!

Today Danny started flag football! This is the first year that he has been able to play and to say that he has been "excited" would be an absolute understatement!! He has been anxiously waiting for his turn to play football. He's even more thrilled because Jeff volunteered to be his coach. (I wasn't too thrilled about that, but I love that my husband loves to be with the kids and help any way he can.) For Danny's first game I remained in the car. It was in the 40s and raining! I was able to see the game from where I had parked, but the pictures I tried to take aren't that great. I will have to get some more. I was honestly surprised that they still continued with the game. Luckily neither Danny nor Jeff got sick, but I'm not sure the other kids or spectators were as lucky! Jeff said that during the game he felt like he was herding cats as he tried to get the boys to their correct positions to run the plays, but the boys seemed to have fun (even if Jeff was exhausted in the end). It will be fun to see what kind of progress the boys make during the next 6 weeks of games.

Danny is playing quarterback in this pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment