Friday, September 20, 2013

High school date night!

It's Friday, which means date night. I am so extremely grateful that Jeff honors his promise to take me out weekly. I can't even begin to list all the benefits I've felt of our date nights. I love courting my husband! I love that we keep sacred that time together - even if we've spent time together during the week. I always look forward to Friday evenings. Tonight we weren't quite sure what to do, but ended up having a blast! We started out by going to the Red Barn south of Santaquin on the I-15. I've passed this Red Barn numerous times on my countless road trips to and from Utah. They advertise ice cream and other goodies so why wouldn't I be curious about going there?! We finally decided to travel the 5 miles or less down the interstate to the Red Barn. It was a cute little place. They have fresh fruit, juices, jams, fudge, and other goodies besides ice cream. The ice cream is actually from the BYU creamery (I didn't hold that against them), but it's a lot closer to us and less crowded so while I'd eaten it before, I would go to the Red Barn over the creamery any day! It was fun to explore more of my new place of residence. It was also fun to have dessert before dinner! We did the quintessential Mormon date. We had BYU Creamery ice cream and Café Rio for dinner. We met up with a few other couples from our church congregation (ward) for dinner. I love being able to socialize with others. I really enjoy the fact that there are so many great people here with whom to socialize. After dinner, we didn't really feel like going home...so we went to the high school football game! It was random, but fun. I actually got to kiss a cute boy (don't worry...it was Jeff) at a high school football game. It brought back so many memories of my high school football games. I was in the marching band (yes, I realize that I just labeled myself as a geek!) so I attended all the football games. I think that may have been where I really started to enjoy the sport. Football is my favorite sport to watch. In any case, it was a fun night with my best friend and eternal companion. Thanks Jeff!

No comments:

Post a Comment