Saturday, September 28, 2013

More projects!

Ok...so you thought we'd be through with the projects by now...well we're not, but we are slowing down. It has been a great summer of home improvements, but now with the holidays approaching, I think the kids would appreciate us allocating our financial resources to something other than rock, wood, etc. Still, we feel immensely blessed to have had the resources and connections to make the changes we have and to do so within a budget. I know I have felt more and more like this house is really my home. I have appreciated being able to pick out paint colors, countertops, rock, deck materials, etc. In any case, this week we had someone come out and complete the interior of our deck roof. I think it turned out great! Now all we lack are the railings (which we have the material for but not the time yet) and the stoops.


Also, we had our bathroom countertops installed. Up until now, they have been Formica, which has been stained and peeling. We updated them to cultured marble so that they now match the tub/shower surrounds.




Lastly, I finally figured out (or at least think I've figured out) what I would like to do with this odd shaped wall in our formal living room. It has remained blank for nearly a year as I've struggled to try to figure out what to do with it. Now I have some ideas of what I'd like to do. I want to turn the larger frame into a mirror to place above the white credenza/bookshelf we have. The smaller frames will be for family pictures that I plan to put on the wall in between ceiling medallions. We'll see if I like it when I see the stuff on the walls. I'll post pics of the finished product...if I can ever really decide!

No comments:

Post a Comment