Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Fall colors

So I have to be honest...I had a breakdown last night. As you've seen from my previous posts, it has been an incredibly busy 10 days (or more). I have enjoyed having family around and attending to my familial and church responsibilities, but I have discovered (much to my dismay) that I am not Superwoman! I need to have some "me" time where I can disconnect from reality and enjoy some of my hobbies or just watch a movie. Well Jeff, my handsome husband and my hero, was quick to observe my plight the previous night and resolved to make sure I had some downtime today. After going with Krystle to Sam's Club and running some quick business errands, Jeff and I started what we thought was going to be a quick trip up Provo Canyon to enjoy the scenery. However, we got started on a trail that lead us up Provo Canyon, across the valley, and down into Hobble Creek Canyon in Springville. It took us 3 hours to traverse the mountains, but I loved every minute of it. I needed an afternoon with my husband. I needed some time away from all my responsibilities and obligations. We enjoyed seeing the beginning of fall colors. I LOVE this time of the year (that may be modified because I don't like the snow...but I do love all the holidays)! It seems to come around quickly and leave even more swiftly. Sometimes I find myself wishing I took the time to enjoy it more, but today was not one of those moments. We leisurely (mostly because we couldn't go fast) made our way through the windy, rocky mountain roads...stopping a few times to enjoy the view. It was the perfect afternoon! Thank you Jeff for always being there when I need you. Thank you for supporting me and caring about me. Thank you for being the strength I need to lean on at times. I love you!
 A panoramic view of Provo Valley.

That's West Mountain in the distance between the two mountains.
My hero...my husband...my best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment