Monday, September 16, 2013

Peaches!

After about seven years of no production, our peach tree finally yielded fruit! I was so excited to go out to our little orchard and actually see fruit on the branches. I love fresh produce (even though I totally neglected and killed our garden)! My parents have several citrus trees in their backyard. I loved just being able to go out and grab a grapefruit or an orange whenever I wanted (obviously only during the winter season). I am thrilled to be able to have fresh peaches. I never have to nag the kids to eat their fruit with all the peaches and apples around. Now I just need to learn (or actually remember since I've done it before) how to can and freeze everything! One step at a time. Right now, I'm just learning how to be a wife and a mother (among my other responsibilities). That's a full time job, but I think in the very near future I'll feel confident to open up another chapter of learning in life's book of knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment