Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A day of Danny!

Today was a fun, busy day for Danny (and an exhausting day for me!). I accompanied Danny's class on a field trip to Thanksgiving Point to see the Tulip Festival. I should've known I was in for it when I discovered that Danny chose all his friends to be in our group (and all his friends happen to be just as competitive as he is). Once we reached the Gardens, we were handed a scavenger hunt to complete and off my little group ran. For some reason, they thought it was a race. Several times I had to yell for them to slow down and actually enjoy the beauty of all the different tulips. Luckily, I already knew that I would be going back to the Tulip Festival on Friday so I relinquished my quest to get them to enjoy the beauty of the gardens and embraced their competitive spirit. At least I got them to stop long enough to take a few pics. They actually finished the scavenger hunt with about a half hour to spare so I took them to the open fields where they could run around and roll down the hills. Boys!




My cute, energetic, little boy!
That evening Danny had a Cub Scout pack meeting. As you already know, I'm not a huge fan of these meetings. I love the scouting program - just not fond of the silly cheers or the funky games. Tonight was Cubannapolis. The Cub Scout leaders organized a very fun boxcar race. These boys have incredible leaders! I'm amazed at how creative and engaging they are. Danny had a blast and won the "Fastest Racer" award for coming in 1st!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment