Sunday, April 13, 2014

Spring Break: Drive home

Today we got up, cleaned up, packed up, and headed home, but not before we attended sacrament meeting. It was a long drive home, but the kids did a great job overall at keeping themselves entertained. There were a few frustrating moments, but there were more moments of laughter. I'm grateful they are good sports and don't mind a long 10-hour drive home. I think everyone was glad to get home, but not too happy about returning to reality! At least I know I wasn't! It was a really great week. I know sometimes you may think that I'm simply writing all the good stuff and not including those less-than-positive moments that happen in any family. While I may not document all those moments, I am sincere when I document the positive ones. This family is not perfect. The kids fight. The girls are teenagers...need I say more. Danny is high-energy and low-focus...which leads to parental frustration and fatigue at times. Jeff and I do have differences of opinions and can often butt heads about parenting styles or how to juggle responsibilities. But we do love each other. We are committed to making this work...and that's why it does. I couldn't have asked for better, more resilient and forgiving kids. I never imagined I'd be so lucky to find my best friend and soul mate. I am truly the luckiest girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment